Welcome to ACW, your social news network dedicated to keeping you informed, entertained, and aware. When you visit on to ACW, we expect that you follow certain rules on the use of the site.
And we expect that when you go over the rules, you didn't just scroll through a lot of legalese to get access to commenting privileges and other goodies.
Think of our guidelines as a sort of Biblical-type covenant. Listen to the words of the almighty mod, and you shall receive blessings beyond measure. Break the covenant, and receive swift (though not too painful) moderation.
Read the guidelines carefully, understand them (we made these as fun as translated legalese can be!), share them, discuss them and feel free to send in questions, comments, and requests to email@example.com
1. Content published on ACW are either our property or the property of those who allowed us to use and publish their works. We hope you respect that.
If you're considering taking content on ACW or doing something to said content, ask for permission through firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try and make responses to requests timely, but if you explain why you want to get something from the site, it would make it easier for us to respond faster.
2. Our site (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content contained on our site) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the Indonesia and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein.
3. All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements comprising our site are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on our site.
4. By posting or submitting content on or to our site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on our site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
5. ACW own or have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each of affiliates, We've allows use from which media editor/news. We own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use patent, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions.
6. But, If your use of Our Site is Subject to Certain Disclaimers: OUR SITE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. OUR SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY US OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT ON OUR SITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT.
7. If you want us to publish your stuff, we need some rights. Specifically, we'd like to be sure it's okay for us to publish your stuff and market it so people can read your stuff. This lets us avoid a Mexican standoff, where we're all holding guns to each other's heads, waiting for someone to start firing.
8. You will not steal the content of others or content from this site. Stealing, in this sense, refers to copying without listing the source you got your information or content from. When in doubt, do not #sottocopy.
9. If you submit stuff to us, please make sure your content is both work safe (The Internet is for Porn DOES NOT APPLY HERE) and legal. As with number 3, don't steal other's content just to make content to send here. That's not cool.
10. You will respect others online. Regardless of your background, we welcome all users to submit content to the site. We will, however, ensure that this site remains a safe space for everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, or sexual orientation. Harassing others or posting illegal or unsafe content will not be tolerated.
Remember that like being on the Internet, being a part of the ACW members/readers means working well with others and being diplomatic if you disagree with someone. Remember that changing the world begins with you.
You're the first ripple, so let's start making ripples today. :)
THE ACW TEAM
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
This site disclaimer was last updated on: Saturday, Augustus 15th, 2015